Peanut Butter & Chocolate GÂTO Cookie SURPRISE!
SURPRISE! This dreamy peanut butter & melted chocolate cake tray has hidden GÂTO Peanut Butter Cookie Bites INSIDE! This went down a treat with the team! We hope you love it too!
85g gluten-free flour (we love Dove Farm’s)
25g Chestnut flour (for extra nuttiness! Otherwise replace by more gluten-free Flour)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
50 Coconut oil
40g Peanut Butter (smooth or crunchy)
100g light brown sugar
60g Aquafaba (chickpea water from a tin of chickpeas: drain it from the tin!)
½ tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp vanilla
1 packet of GÂTO peanut butter & choc chip cookies
Chocolate sauce: melt 150g chocolate with 30g coconut oil > mix until smooth
Peanut Butter (we’re obsessed with Mani Life’s!)
1 medium-size baking tray or dish (15x25cm), or 2 small ones
Hand mixer (to beat the aquafaba)
- In a bowl, beat the coconut oil & peanut butter with sugar until nice and smooth
- Drain the aquafaba from a tin of chickpeas, add the cream of tartar and whip until white and fluffy (like whipped egg whites, but softer!)
- Mix in the wet ingredients (whipped aquafaba, vanilla) to the bowl
- Mix in the dry ingredients
- Spread into the baking tray lined with baking paper, and pop the GATO peanut butter cookies in (so yummm)
- Bake in an oven preheated to 190C (170C fan) for about 20-25 minutes (or 15 min for 2 small trays) or until nice and golden
- Remove from the oven
- For extra yumminess, cover the surface with the chocolate sauce (see recipe above) & add small piles of peanut butter: use a chopstick or the back of a knife to create beautiful patterns.
- Serve still hot and eat all from the tray!! SOOOO GOOOOOEY!!!
- We use our kitchen aid + paddle, but you can do it with a fork. If the coconut oil is too hard, just soften it in the microwave
- Aquafaba takes longer to whip than egg whites and the cream of tartar is here to help, but don’t worry if you can’t get to soft or hard peaks: As long as it’s well whipped and foamy, it’ll do the job