The World’s Most GOOEY Chocolate & Aubergine Melting Middle
Inspired from Harry Eastwood’s book, here is our plant-based adaptation of Kim’s absolute favourite dessert: the oozy chocolate molten cake. Comforting, light and cakey on the outside with the most amazing creamy melting chocolate on the inside!
150g chocolate (we prefer it dark!)
25g cacao powder
15g ground almonds
15g gluten-free flour (we love Dove Farm’s)
80g agave (or feel free to use what you have in your cupboard! No big deal!)
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 small (10-15 cm) or 1 medium (20cm) cake tins (ideally with a removable base)
Hand mixer (to beat the aquafaba)
1 food processor
- Wash & chop the aubergines in dice (no need to peel) > steam until cooked > blitz in food processor until you get a smooth puree
- Melt the chocolate, and mix in the aubergine puree + all the other ingredients except the aquafaba
- Drain the aquafaba from a tin of chickpeas, add the cream of tartar and whip until white and fluffy (like whipped egg whites, but softer!) > Delicately mix into the main mix
- Pour into a cake tin lined with baking paper
- Bake in the oven (pre-heated at 180C) for 15- 20 minutes (or 10-15 min for 2 small tins). The edges must be crisp, but the centre must still be VERY moist / soft: if it starts getting firmer, stop baking.
- Remove from the oven & serve still hot! It’s soooooo goey inside you don’t need to add anything!!